Spotlight on the NEW Move & Groove for 4s, 5s, and 6s …. Please bring your older preschooler to set the stage for future school success and loads of fun! :)

August 21, 2013 at 5:40 am | Posted in Kindermusik | Leave a comment


Taking names to begin a class at Neighborhood Academy of Music. Cost will be a one time registration fee of $25.00 and monthly fees of $50.00 for ease of budgeting.

From the moment you became a parent, you wanted the best for your child. In class, we engage your child in music and movement activities that also promote language, social and emotional skills, early math and early literacy, physical coordination, creativity, and more. Plus, your child will learn basic music vocabulary and notation—all setting the stage for future school success and formal music lessons. Parents join the fun for the final activities. The Kindermusik@Home digital home materials extend the benefits all week long with music from class, activities for the whole family, and each month’s story.

Our 4 week units will continue year round and as long as you are enrolled you will also be eligible for any Playdates or Special Occasion events at no additional cost! :)

Here is what to expect with your digital home materials… 80% of the content is parent focused and the other 20% gives you the parent the choice of using screen time or not.

Want more details?
Each Move & Groove unit’s digital home materials page contains an abundance of unit-specific, age-appropriate materials and activities – all tied to the class content. The digital home materials are built specifically to make it fun and easy for a parent to connect class-time to home-time, and to enrich both experiences. Everything a parent needs to read the class story, play a game, do a finger play or dance, teach new words or instrument sounds, plan an activity, do a craft, follow a recipe, take a “field trip” (real or imagined), or play pretend . . . it’s all in one spot!

·         Music downloads All of the songs, rhymes, stories and sounds from class are easy to download and add to your music collection.

·         Every unit’s literature book is included in e-book format, with pages you can turn yourself, and a page-by-page audio read-aloud that you can turn on or off. The eBook can be downloaded and printed if you prefer!

·         Activity buttons take you to a variety of different activity types, including dance and movement instructions, finger play demonstrations and instructions, together-in-the-kitchen activities, music time, listening games, vocal play activities, video field trips, find-it/count-it style activities, ideas for pretend play, and more.

·         The Why It’s Good for Your Child area fills automatically with information about why any specific activity or activity type is useful, important, or developmentally significant. Addressing the parent directly with up-to-date, research-supported, clear and friendly information, there’s a “why it’s good” feature for every single activity.

·         In addition to the music downloads and e-book, the Download Center also includes Printable Activity Pages and, for the first time, Printable Lyrics Pages for all of the songs in the unit.

Here are three things you can do to help your child be MORE engaged in the class activities:

·  Listen to the music at every available opportunity….play it on your phone, pad or tablet while cooking dinner; sing along with it in the car; play it on your phone at the doctor’s waiting room; give your car copy of the CD to grandma for when the kids go to stay OR, even better, if she has a computer or pad, give grandma the log in and password to your account so she can do Kindermusik with them while they are at her house….AMAZING!

·  Read the book whenever you can….bedtime, on your smartphone at the doctors…. When you are trying to do work on the computer and your child pesters you to do something at the computer (they ALWAYS come over as soon as you sit down alone to do your emails, etc., don’t they?), promise them one read of Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes or Shoofly Pie; then hopefully they’ll leave you in peace and at least you know you did something EDUCATIONAL on the computer rather than just googled something funny or youtubed a video.

·  Make something at home to bring into class…this gives them a sense of belonging to the group. Your DHM has crafts and recipes with lots of ideas for sharing!

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: